The Latina/o/x Graduation Celebration is a commemoration that recognizes Latina/o/x graduates at the University of Maryland. The purpose of the celebration is to highlight the success and achievements of Latina/o/x graduates as well as to establish an institutionally-acknowledged cultural space at the University of Maryland. Since the first graduation celebration in May 2004, the number of Latina/o/x graduates has steadily increased.
The goal of the commencement ceremony is three-fold:
- Acknowledge the successes Latinas/os/xs at the University of Maryland.
- Motivate and encourage future Latina/o/x Terrapins to reach degree attainment at the Baccalaureate, Masters, and Doctorate level.
- Pay homage to those individuals, including family, friends, faculty, staff, and administrators, who have assisted our students to reach their degree.
The 16th Annual Latinx Graduation Celebration will take place virtually on Sunday, May 17th, 2020 due to COVID-19. Please register at go.umd.edu/LGC2020 by April 17th.
- Will the in-person ceremony be postponed?
- The in-person ceremony will not be postponed. The next ceremony will take place in December, and May 2020 graduates are more than welcomed to participate in that ceremony
- Can I still get my stole?
- At the moment, no. With Adele H. Stamp closed, students cannot come to the building for pick-up. We will try to get everyone their stoles as soon at the University permits.
For more information, please contact Valeria Morales email@example.com