The Maryland Leadership Advance is designed for experienced leaders who are looking for the next step in their leadership journey. Intended for students who have participated in leadership development experiences through Maryland LEAD or elsewhere, the Advance gives participants the opportunity to critically reflect on their leadership practice and learn how to expand their potential for positive change.
The curriculum engages participants in topics of personal understandings of leadership, temptations of leadership, debunking leadership myths, and exploring personal barriers towards change through experiential activities, individual work and reflection time, small-group activities, and large-group discussions.
Who should attend Advance?
- Seasoned leaders who have held one or more leadership positions
- Anyone that has attended a previous Maryland LEAD program
- Students looking for a more complex, change-oriented leadership opportunity
How do I benefit from attending Advance?
- Challenging your perceptions of leadership. Advance complicates your understanding of leadership, and challenges you to think more deeply about the role of a leader in complex situations.
- Recognizing your assumptions about change. The only constant in life is change. How do you handle it? Is it an opportunity or a curse? Acknowledging your assumptions about change will make you better able to adapt.
- Feedback. At Advance, you will give feedback to others and receive feedback about yourself. Additionally, you will reflect on prior leadership experiences that will help to guide future opportunities.
Registration for the Spring 2020 is Open!
Click here to apply!