1. Who is eligible to purchase a ticket for a Monthly Social Series event?
You must be a currently registered UMD College Park graduate student to participate in a GSL-sponsored event. You will be required to log in with your directory ID and password and your status as a graduate student will be checked before you will be able to purchase tickets.
2. How do I purchase tickets for a Social Series event?
Tickets for social events may be purchased online through the link provided in the event description on the Current Events page. Those who have registered for and purchased tickets for an event will receive additional information via email. Payments must be made by credit card online. Note: Online ticket sales are NOT available from Sunday at 1:00am to Monday at 7:00am.
3. What information do I need to provide in order to purchase a ticket?
When purchasing your ticket online, you will be asked to provide information about yourself and your graduate academic program in addition to ticket payment information. Some events will require an additional liability release form.
4. Can I bring a guest with me?
Unless otherwise specified, you may purchase one additional ticket for a guest. Your guest does not need to be affiliated with the University of Maryland.
5. I can no longer attend an event. Can I get a refund or transfer my ticket to someone else?
If you are unable to attend an event, you are required to alert Graduate Student Life staff so that we may offer the spot to another GradTerp on the waitlist. Unfortunately, tickets are NOT refundable and NOT transferable. Please note, because this is a graduate student event, if your guest is not a graduate student, they cannot attend the event without a graduate student host.
6. Can I change my guest?
Yes, simply let us know in advance. However due to the timing and nature of some events, there may be a deadline for you to make this change. Please email email@example.com to confirm guest changes.
7. What about free events? Can I just show up?
Free events require a reservation. Check the program description on the Current Events for more details.
8. Where do I go to pick up tickets I’ve purchased?
Those who have already purchased tickets online will be notified regarding ticket pick up if there are physical tickets. You must bring an ID with you. Ticket sales are not available in person.
9. I tried to purchase a ticket but I was placed on a waitlist. What do I do next?
Once tickets for an event sell out, the online registration form will become a waitlist sign-up form. If additional tickets become available, those on the waitlist will be contacted in the order in which they signed up. You will not need to make any payment until you agree to purchase tickets that have become available. Please note: there is no guarantee tickets will become available after an event sells out.
10. I have attempted to purchase tickets several times but the events are always sold out. I am wondering if the tickets really exist or are assigned beforehand?
Monthly Social Series tickets and event registration are not preassigned. They are open to all currently registered graduate students. However, because there are often a limited number of tickets available with a very high demand, they do tend to quickly sell out. Below are a few helpful tips to increase your chances of getting tickets and/or registering for events:
- Pay attention to the date and time when tickets are scheduled to go on sale or registration begins for an event. Refresh the website and log in at the exact moment the scheduled sale/registration starts.
- When a registration link is posted make sure to fill out the information form as quickly as possible. Make sure the information you have entered is correct before hitting the Submit button.