Office Use Guidelines and Information
Printer Friendly Version
Welcome to the Stamp Student Union Involvement Offices:
- Each office has a telephone with campus and local access.
- We do not offer long-distance service due to the difficulty in monitoring personal use and billing. Long-distance access is available through the use of calling cards.
- Student organizations that share offices will also share a telephone in each office.
- Please take and leave messages for the groups that you share an office with.
- If you have additional telephone concerns, please contact Stamp Technology Services at 301.314.5555.
- The student organization offices are covered by the Stamp’s wireless network.
- Groups are responsible for providing and maintaining their own computers.
- Please remove passwords from computers at the end of each school year!!
Fax Service and Copy Service:
- Fax services are available for a nominal charge through Mail Boxes, Etc.
- Copier Services are available for a nominal charge through Design Services, and the Copy Center located in the Stamp and Reckord Armory (funded through your SGA budget).
- Each group has been assigned a space that is furnished with a desk, desk chair, file/storage drawers and side chairs.
- Please do not bring in outside furniture such as couches, sofas, futons, etc.
- Please do not move furniture from public spaces into offices. (i.e lounge chairs, food court furniture, etc.)
- If you need additional furniture such as filing or storage cabinets, please contact Jessica Rindos firstname.lastname@example.org. The Stamp will try to make arrangements for additional storage cabinets as space permits.
- Please leave all keys in the desks, file cabinets, storage cabinets at the end of each school year!!
- The President of each student organization will be issued an office key for their convenience for the academic school year. This key must be returned by the end of the spring semester or your organization will be billed accordingly for a lock change and new key distribution.
- The President of each student organization will provide a list of other student organization members who are authorized to have access to the organization’s office. Members on the authorized key list must also be listed on the organization’s STARS member list. The list of members who can check out the key should be turned into the Information Desk located on the first floor of the Stamp.
- Each member who is on the key list will be required to show a current valid University of Maryland student ID at the Information Desk to check out an office key. All keys must be returned to the Information Desk prior to the closing of the building on the date of the key checkout.
- Access to offices is only available during the hours that the Stamp is open. Students will not be allowed to stay in office spaces after the building is closed.
Health and Safety:
- The building’s ventilation system and State of Maryland Fire Code do not allow for the use of cooking appliances such as microwaves, toaster ovens, hot plates or mini-refrigerators in the offices. Microwaves are available for your convenience and are located past the food court next to the vending machines.
- The Stamp is environmentally sensitive and does not use chemical treatments for pest control. The offices are located near the food court area; therefore, we ask that you do not store food items that would attract mice or bugs. If perishable food items are seen stored in the office, you will be asked to remove the items immediately.
- Boxes are not to be stored/stacked above three feet tall because they prevent the sprinkler systems from working properly in case of an emergency.
- Please understand that your office is not to be used as a storage space for items throughout the year. Storage units can be funded through your SGA budgets if necessary.
- Trash will be picked up from each office on a daily basis.
- Paper recycling will be picked up from each office each Wednesday.
- Offices will be vacuumed at least once a week.
- Please contact Lillian Ellis, Building Services Supervisor at x48523 if you need additional cleaning services. We would appreciate immediate notification if you have spilled something on the carpet that needs immediate attention.
- Plastic bottles, cans and glass bottles should be placed in the larger recycling units located near the conference rooms.
- Should you have any other housekeeping or maintenance needs, please contact the Information Desk at x43375.
- Mailboxes are provided to each organization with an office when requested. Please contact Lisa Carney email@example.com to get assigned a mailbox for your organization.
- Each group will be given a combination bulletin board/ dry erase marker board for their use in the office.
- Posters can be mounted on the walls using pushpins of poster gum. Please do not use adhesive products such as duct tape or masking tape since that will damage the paint.
- We will provide you with ceiling clips if you need to hang a banner from the ceiling grid.
- Windows to offices are not to be covered.
Use of Conference Rooms:
- Each group is allowed two organizational meetings per week at no cost in any of the Stamp general meeting rooms. These rooms can be reserved through the Event Services Office located in Room 1133 or by calling x48488.
- There are two small meeting rooms located in the Student Involvement Suite. Use of these rooms can be scheduled through the Student Organization Resource Center in Room 0209T.
- As agreed when each group applied for an office space, you are required to host five (5) office hours per week. Members of the Stamp Advisory Board will be checking in on the office hours to make sure that groups are following through with this commitment. If groups are not in their office for their assigned office hours, members from the Board will initiate a third offense action plan described later.
- Please keep this copy of guidelines and information for your reference and turn in the following signed agreement form to Marie Jenkins in the Administration Suite on the third floor of the Stamp.
- It is the presidents’ duty to ensure that all guidelines are followed and that all members of the organization are following these guidelines as well.
Stamp Contacts and Information
Adele H. Stamp Student Union – Center for Campus Life
M-Th: 7am - midnight, F: 7am - :30am, Sat: 8am - 1:30am, Sun: 11am - midnight
Stamp Advisory Board:
Marie Jenkins – Administrative Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org - 301.314.8503
Jessica Rindos – Chair, Building Utilization Committee - email@example.com
Stamp Marketing: thestamp.umd.edu/marketing
Andy Mrusko - Marketing Director – firstname.lastname@example.org - 301.314.8618
Kristie Jackson - Marketing Assistant – email@example.com - 301.314.8148
The Diamondback: www.diamondbackonline.com - 301.314.8200 for newsroom; 301.314.8000 for advertising
Office of Campus Programs: M-F: 8:30am - 5pm - 301.314.7174
Art and Learning Center
Jackie Milad - Program Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org - 301.314.ARTS – M-Th: 12pm-8pm, Fri: 12pm-5pm, Sat: closed, Sun: 12pm-5pm
The Hoff Theater
Joe Hoffman – email@example.com – 301.314.8342
Andre Adams - Program Coordinator, TerpZone - firstname.lastname@example.org - 301.314.9371
SEE (Student Entertainment Events): http://www.see.umd.edu
Laura Barrantes – Program Coordinator – email@example.com – SEEpresident@umd.edu - 301.314.8498
Graduate Student Life
Julie Choe Kim – Program Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org - 301.314.9544
Multicultural Involvement and Community Advocacy
MICAemail@example.com – 301.314.8600 - M-F: 8:30am - 5pm
Office of Community Service-Learning - 301.314.CARE – M-F: 10am - 5pm
Copy Services: http://www.dbs.umd.edu –
Business Operations – 301.405.9200
Customer Outreach Services – 301.405.9271
Design Services – www.dbs.umd.edu/printservices.php - 301.405.8444
Human Resources – 301.405.9257
Printing Services – 301.314.9322
You may request housekeeping and/or maintenance services for your office area at:
You will be directed to a page that will request your name, email address, and phone number. Complete the requested information and click “Yes”
This will take you to the Stamp Work Request Form:
- Step 1 – Confirm the requested information
- Step 2 – Complete the location information (Stamp, Ground Floor, & Room #)
- Step 3 – Select the appropriate description of the problem that you are reporting.
- Step 4 – Describe the problem in detail
- Step 5 – Click the appropriate purpose (maintenance, housekeeping, vandalism, other)
- Step 6 – Requested completion date.
- Step 7 – Click Routine Maintenance
- Step 8 – Type in the work “password” as the password
- Step 9 – Click Submit
The request will be immediately forwarded to the Stamp’s Facilities Department and the work will be scheduled in the order it was received. You will get an email notification with a work order number. You will also be notified when the work is complete.
Fraternity and Sorority Life
Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life: http://www.greek.umd.edu
Matt Supple – Associate Director - firstname.lastname@example.org - 301.314.7781
Bob Nichols- Assistant Director - email@example.com – 301.314.1987
Health / Food Permits:
PG County Health Department: http://www.goprincegeorgescounty.com/Government/AgencyIndex/Health/index.asp - 301.883.7690
Debra Freeman – Supervisor, Food Protection Program – firstname.lastname@example.org - 301.883.7694
http://www.thestamp.umd.edu - 301.314.DESK (3375) –
M-Th: 7am-12am, Fri: 7am-1:30am, Sat: 8am-1:30am, Sun: 11am-12am
Lisa M Carney – Building Operations Manager - email@example.com - 301.314.8578
Student Organization Resource Center:
Regina C. Crawmer - Coordinator Organization Services Campus Programs - firstname.lastname@example.org - 301.314.7159
Polly White - Account Clerk III - email@example.com - 301.314.7160
Police and Police Aid Services
Captain Laura Dyer – firstname.lastname@example.org – 301.405.7031
Major Larry Volz – email@example.com - 301.405.5731
Office of Event Services: firstname.lastname@example.org – 301.314.8488 - M-Th: 8:30am - 5pm, F: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Campus Recreation Services: http://www.crs.umd.edu/
Alex Teh – Coordinator for Facilities – email@example.com – 301.266.4404
Student Group Online Resource Center
Stamp Technology Services – firstname.lastname@example.org or 301.314.5555 for telephone and audio visual services –http://www.thestamp.umd.edu/techservices
Office of Information Technology: www.helpdesk.umd.edu/contact - 301.405.1500
Stamp Food Shops
Adele's: 301.314.8022 - M-F: 11:30am – 2pm for lunch;
M-Tu: 4:30pm-8pm for dinner;
W-Th: 4:30pm-9pm for dinner.
The Coffee Bar: 301.314.CAFE - M-Th: 7:30am-9pm
email@example.com – 301.314.8031 – Services available 7:30am-8pm -
(Goodies to Go and Good Tidings Catering)
(Pick It Up At The Shop) through the Union Shop, 301.314.7476, www.pickitup.umd.edu
For catering from Sabarro’s, Taco Bell, Chick-fil-A, and Subway – Stamp Food Court Catering, 301.314.8017
Panda Express – 301.314.6111
Saladworks – 301.314.0947
McDonald’s – 301.314.1489
Maryland Food Coop: 301.314.8089 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 301.314.8089
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer, download word.