The mission of Asian Pacific American Student Services, Involvement and Advocacy is:
· To promote Asian Pacific American (APA) students' involvement and engagement on campus
· To foster the personal, ethnic and racial identity and leadership development of APA students at the University of Maryland
· To promote the development of a pan-Asian Pacific American community that is connected to and collaborates with other cultural communities
· To advocate on behalf of APA students and to empower and educate students to advocate for themselves
· To build a network of campus and community resources to support APA students
Our work will be guided by a commitment to social justice and be informed by past and ongoing research.