Become a part of the Alternative Weekends (AW) team! You can apply for two distinct leadership opportunities with AW!
AW Site Leader:
Site Leaders (SLs) implement the AW experience during two weekends in the summer alongside a co-leader. SLs prepare participants for their AW, lead reflection, and help participants make meaning of their experience. Learn more and apply by clicking the link below!
- Full participation in program activities and events (Both AW Sessions, 2 SL Trainings, AW Participant Pre-trip Meeting, and AW Send-Off)
- Develop and co-lead pre-trip/educational meetings (at least 1 before AW departure)
- Coordinate all logistical aspects of AW experience with help of AW Student Coordinators (StuCos) (i.e. food, travel, appropriate paperwork, training, education, etc.)
- Create and co-lead consistent, connected, challenging reflection activities and conversations with AW participants during the trip
- Manage communication with participants, AW program staff, and community partners - including CCing StuCos and Staff members on all correspondence
- Timely submission of pre-trip planning/post-trip debrief documents
AW Student Coordinator:
Student Coordinators (StuCos) work directly with LCSL staff to manage the AW program and further the mission of Alternative Breaks. StuCos plan and facilitate Site Leader trainings and pre-trip meetings, manage team rosters, and serve as a resource for AW Site Leaders, participants, and community partners. If you are looking for a significant leadership experience that allows you to further others' active citizenship, the AW StuCo position is for you! Check out qualifications, find more information, and apply below!