The purpose of Graduate Student Life is to:
- Provide programs that help create a tangible graduate student campus community.
- Foster graduate student conversation and collaboration across disciplines.
- Encourage, recognize and celebrate the uniqueness of graduate students.
- Promote existing campus services and encourage service areas to be more inclusive of graduate student needs.
- Grow and maintain a graduate student presence in institutional decisions that affect the quality of life for graduate students.
- Help departments share ideas about programs and support structures for graduate students.
- Conduct regular assessments of graduate student quality of life on campus
- Advocate for graduate student needs across campus.
Graduate Student Life aims to foster:
- Community building: by providing opportunities for graduate students to build community and fostering conversations and collaboration across disciplines.
- Communication: by promoting existing campus services to students and helping departments share ideas on how to best serve graduate students
- Advocacy: by growing and maintaining a graduate student presence on campus, encouraging services to be more inclusive of graduate students, and conducting regular assessments of graduate student quality of life.