From the Capital Beltway (I-95/I-495):
- Exit 25, (or Exit 27 if coming from Baltimore)
- Go 2.5 miles south on US 1, past Campus Drive, toward downtown College Park
- Turn right onto campus at Regents Drive, just before the downtown business district
- Memorial Chapel will be on the corner of Regents and Chapel Drive
- Turn left on Chapel Drive
- Turn left at the dead end and enter Lot Y (Do not park in Lot W)
If Lot Y is filled:
- Exit the lot at the barrier (which rises automatically as you approach it)
- Turn right onto Chapel Drive
- Turn left at Regents Drive
- Take the first right into Lot L or continue in Lot L to the first right giving you access to Lot C2 or Lot C1 to your left
Finding Directions Online
If you would like to give your guests an address to use in online mapping sites, please use the main address of the University of Maryland’s College Park campus, as Memorial Chapel does not have a street address.
Please follow the directions above from Regents Drive to parking lot Y.
University of Maryland Main Address
7600 Baltimore Avenue
College Park MD 20742
General Parking Information:
505 parking spaces are available for scheduled events on weekends in the following parking lots.
- Lot Y-113 spaces
- Lot L-135 spaces
- Lot C1-170 spaces
- Lot C2-87 spaces
Parking during business hours for each of these lots is restricted. All weekday parking should be at the meters in front and behind Memorial Chapel. Parking meters require payment 7AM-12AM daily.
Access to Lot Y is NOT available during the week (only on the weekends). Except by prior arrangement, such as for Thursday Rehearsal time-slots, parking during business hours for the lots surrounding the Chapel is restricted to faculty and staff members only. If you are coming to visit the Chapel during the week, contact the Chapel Office (301-314-9866) in advance to arrange parking. Parking meters require payment 7AM-12AM daily.
Many handicap parking spaces are located in the vicinity of the chapel A grade level entrance to the West Chapel is in the garden behind the chapel. The Main Chapel has ramped access through north side entrance. Accessible rest rooms are available via the north side entrance.
If you hold your reception on campus, your guests' vehicles must be driven to the reception location in order to ensure Chapel-area parking for the next wedding. Wedding parties/guests may not park in Lots A, B, D or W, areas for the disabled, fire lanes, service or courier parking spaces. Parking in any of these areas may result in a parking ticket. You are responsible to so notify your wedding party and guests.
Main Chapel: Guests attending a wedding in the Main Chapel will use the front entrance
Garden Chapel: Guests parking in Lot Y will see the Garden Chapel garden entrance at the back of the chapel.
Need help on your way to the Chapel?
Call (301) 314-9866
Maps (Directions, Parking)
Campus Interactive Parking Map